This individual will be responsible for direct and channel sales of digital video processing equipment to video service providers. Customers will include Cable Operators, Telecommunications providers, and other video service providers throughout Canada. Individual will be responsible for achieving sales performance, building key relationships, and developing account strategies working closely with Marketing and Business Development to define product and market opportunities. Preferred candidate will have a solid background selling digital video solutions to cable or IPTV market and solid relations with key decision makers in target accounts. Position will report to Vice President of Global Sales.
- Develop and execute account strategies for video providers to meet target sales objectives
- Identify, develop, and manage relationships with key individuals and decision makers in all accounts
- Manage channel relationships for distribution of products and services
- Develop timely forecasts and reports of account activities
- Manage all aspects of new product introduction into key accounts
- Provide company with customer feedback on product and company performance
- Identify new product opportunities working with Product Management team
- Provide company continual updates on competitive information
- Manage budgets in relation to account activities
- Direct sales support resources within accounts
- Continually develop and maintain knowledge base of products, market, and competition
- 8 years sales experience in major accounts with successful track record of growing revenues with multiple product lines and consistent performance to sales objectives
- At least 2 years sales or marketing experience in cable or IPTV solutions.
- At least 2 years selling experience in Canadian video marketplace
- Extensive contacts with video service providers.
- Knowledge and/or experience selling digital video processing equipment (encoders, modulators, VOD systems, digital settops, and/or digital satellite receivers)
- Knowledge and/or experience with MPEG2/4 digital video systems is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience with adaptive streaming technologies, content delivery networks, and digital rights management.
- Experience in developing new accounts and product strategies
- Excellent customer skills
- Channel Sales management experience
- Strong communications (verbal and written) skills
- Eagerness or strong comfort level with learning new technologies
- Extensive travel history
- BSEE or MBA is a strong plus
- French fluency a strong plus